Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Samhain, Blogging and Prettiness

Well, with Samhain fast approaching, I'm really loving MrsB's 31 days of Samhain (which, if you've not already seen it, is here: http://www.confessionsofapagansoccermom.com/p/31-days-of-halloween-2010.html) and we're already looking ahead to the next turn of the wheel and Yule.


It seems the year 2010/11 is going to be one of doing things in "unusual" ways (- something of a life lesson for me this time round I've discovered - learning to accept things in formats other than what I'm expecting) so just as we're having a non-traditional Samhain, we're also going to be having a different sort of a Yule too. Reason being, my Mum is coming out to visit and that will cross the 21st itself, so we'll be postponing our more traditional Yule until somewhere between the 24th and 28th. C fancies around the 25th because that's what he used to do with his ex-girlfriend, but I'm still kicking against that somehow. - I wouldn't want for people to think that we were celebrating anything other than a traditional Yule and somehow, I think that date would be stressful. However, he has a good point when he points out that there's nothing else to do really on the 25th, so we will see.

.....but I'm digressing, the reason I was going to mention that was, I was wondering what everyone else is going to be doing for Samhain and Yule and When do you celebrate Yule and why?

Meanwhile, I'm desperately hoping to have the cottage just nice and how we want it by then as it'll be Mum's first visit.

I'm also hoping to be able to learn to prettify the Blog as well fairly soon and to put up pictures and things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment